Reasons to Join the CGS Sixth Form
There are so many reasons to join the Colyton Grammar School Sixth Form. Here are just some of them:
- The school is a lovely place to be. There is plenty of space to relax and socialise when not in class. As a sixth former, you will have your own communal areas for socialising and study.
- Our sixth formers like to get involved. They run lunchtime clubs, coach students in sports activities, edit a school magazine and work as journalists (sending articles about the school to local newspapers). They help organise big charity events, work as ambassadors for subjects they enjoy, as well as for the school itself, through outreach events.
- Music and drama make an important contribution to the cultural life of the school. Facilities are excellent and include a well-equipped theatre and purpose-built music suite.
- Sport is also a vital part of the Sixth Form. House matches take place and clubs are available at lunchtimes in a variety of sports.The percentage of our sixth form going on to study at Oxford and Cambridge each year is amongst the highest nationally for a co-educational state school.
- Competitions include: Formula 1 in Schools, VEX Robotics, Bebras Challenge, Oxford Computing Challenge, Informatics Olympiad, The Foyle Young, Shine Schools Media National Magazine Award, European Youth Parliament Competition, Senior UK Maths Challenge and Maths Olympiad, the RSC Chemistry Olympiad, the Biology Olympiad, British Physics Olympiad Competition and the National Artful Physics Competition to name but a few!
- Many of our sixth formers are involved in the Duke of Edinburgh Award, as well as the Dartmoor Ten Tors hiking competitions.
To find out more contact the school on 01297 552327 or visit our Sixth Form Information Evening on Thursday 14 November