New News Article
In April 1887, Mr McKaig was appointed as the new Master for the School.
The Master took all boys from the Colyton Parish on payment of three guineas per boy. The Master devoted his time to providing a sound English and Commercial education of Latin, French and German, and providing annual examinations by a competent examiner, if required to do so by the Chamber of Feoffees.
Photographed above - the boys of the school in the late 1890s. With thanks to the Colyton Heritage Centre.