Introduction to Sixth Form
Monday 01 July 2019
Our ‘Introduction to Sixth Form’ event is a valuable way of preparing students for life in Colyton's Sixth Form.
We aim to give students an idea of what A-Level study involves and the skills and attitudes that promote success: developing maturity through new working relationships and finding the excitement involved in independent academic enquiry.
The timetabled programme includes:
- An introduction to your chosen subjects. Subject tutors will outline the structure and nature of each A-Level programme
- An introduction to the Extended Project qualification
- An overview of the Colyton Baccalaureate programme
- An overview of the tutorial support through which work is monitored and individual guidance given to students
- An introduction to the many opportunities and experiences which are part of sixth form life
- An insight into the process of choosing future pathways beyond the Sixth Form: higher education and careers
- Opportunities to meet and discuss sixth form life with current sixth former students
All students should register in the Cottrill Hall at 8.50am
After a brief address students will be issued with a timetable for the rest of the day, incorporating their subject option choices.
Students will not need to wear school uniform.
There will be the option of purchasing snacks/lunch in the Take Five restaurant (cash please) during the day, or please bring a packed lunch.